Penny-pinching car geek's guide to racing, track days, and car build. DIY projects, product reviews, and interviews.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Aerodynamic Modifications to the car

The LOHP Miata (AKA Brokecore car) received aero mods this winter. It was a long overdue project that I finally got around commencing. I haven't track tested this yet, but I will make an update on it after my track event this weekend.

So what did I make? I made a splitter and spoiler on my car. I went through two spoiler designs because of aesthetic reasons. Ironically, the uglier one worked better. I still have that one if anyone wants it, but your car will look like the Corellian Corvette from Star Wars.

I tested them on the freeway up to 80mph, which is about 7mph faster than my maximum velocity at my home track. They held up fine. The splitter scrapes every once in a while when I drive around town, and the spoiler flutters a bit around the edges but it won't affect the durability at all.

Here is the picture of the modified car:




Links

Rear Spoiler build
Test Results

Laptime improvements will be at the next track report.

1 comment:

  1. Cheers! You have really allured me; I have no words to explain my feelings about your post. www.jacos-paddock.co.uk

    ReplyDelete