Penny-pinching car geek's guide to racing, track days, and car build. DIY projects, product reviews, and interviews.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Technical Difficulties



So just as I was about to take finals this morning, my computer stopped working. Its only been two years since I bought it. Whats up with electronics nowadays not lasting that long? It caused a bit of trouble for me during the day today.


I am pretty sure something on my video card is wrong. It will display on my roommates LCD moniter via VGA cable, but it nothing on my laptop's display. I am also certain it has to do with overheating. 


I was going to make an update because I found a cheap source for coilovers. Yes, the "ebay-coilovers." Old news? Well, check the price. Nowadays they are 70-100 dollars after shipping, might as well buy AFCO pieces or go with your shock manufacturer's specific threaded sleeve and perch kit. The Koni ones are pretty cheap, and the Bilstein kits run about 200 for all four corners. 


Well, I'm going to take apart my laptop and try and fix it. I have a lot of racing data I recorded and I never made a backup of it. I also have a lot of digital copies of race engineering books and articles that I never backed up. Great! I may not be able to make any updates for a while. 


Good news is I am done with finals and now I am a third year law student! I have about a week of break and work starts middle of this month. O-town, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment