Penny-pinching car geek's guide to racing, track days, and car build. DIY projects, product reviews, and interviews.

Friday, February 26, 2010

R-package Bilstein Shocks

I'll keep this post very short. Here are some things I have discovered.

Shock spring perch height 
As listed in the FatCatMotorsports webpage, the R-package Bilstein shocks are a bit shorter than the stock shocks. However, I have also discovered that the spring perches are slightly lower by about 5 millimeters. This will lower my car even more. Unfortunately, as I was in a hurry at the time I did not take measurements. I have a photo somewhere but the camera I used is my roommate's, and he is not home right now. Note for next time; if there is any information I want to obtain and keep, get it no matter what!

Tire clearance
And with old Flyin' Miata springs, R-package Bilsteins, 205mm wide tires, 15x7 wheels and 40mm offset the inside of the left-front tire rubs against the headlight wiring. I've moved this up a little bit using zip ties but it is still rubbing. It is also possible that something else is rubbing. If anyone has experience with these dimensions and save me some time, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment