Penny-pinching car geek's guide to racing, track days, and car build. DIY projects, product reviews, and interviews.

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas! - Revival progress

When I got my bike, it looked bad.  Really bad.  Well, the bike was in a lot better shape than it looked, but regardless, it looked bad.

About to leave sweet sweet
Southern California :(
Earlier this month I finished my assignment in Los Angeles and drove back to D.C.  I didn't get to enjoy a few days in Florida since I had another short assignment starting, so I drove straight to D.C. after spending a night in Orlando.  Since I don't have a garage here in D.C. and it is fairly cold, I haven't done some of the more involved modifications just yet.  But here is a list of what I have done, mostly while I was in California.

1. Replaced gas tank with a non-rusted out one from a red hawk

2. Re-painted the shit green paint job on the rear fairing and front fender

3. Installed Delkevic shorty exhaust and UNI pod filters

4. Rejet with Factory Pro jet kit, cleaned carbs
Final setting: 162/160 mains (f/r), 42 pilots, 1st clip position on needle, 2.5 turns out on AFM

5. Cleaned up bike a little bit


Things still to be done

1. Install racing shock that I've bought

2. Install springs and emulators, and rebuild forks

3. Install frame sliders (on order)

4. Replace chain and sprockets - the current ones are actually okay, but I'd like a fresh start for 2015

I have a bunch of more posts to do.  I haven't done my Streets of Willow post, my Socal Supermoto post nor my how to do a really good rattle-can job post.

Anyways, here is how my bike looks like now:



No comments:

Post a Comment