Penny-pinching car geek's guide to racing, track days, and car build. DIY projects, product reviews, and interviews.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

1.8L Brake Upgrade


There are many articles out there on how to change out the 1.6l brakes to the 1.8l brakes.  So I won't go over it step-by-step.  I did, however, take a bunch of pictures to put things into perspective.

Link to a very good step-by-step: Miataturbo how-to

Things you need: All you need are rotors and caliper brackets from each corner of the wheel.  I got a pretty killer deal for it in Tampa.

I only did the front swap because I didn't have enough money to do the rear brakes.  Data shows that my braking improved a little bit, but not much.  Given the same pedal pressure, I think the rear brake upgrade will help a lot.

I didn't think the pictures on the Miataturbo website shows the difference for most people, even though it is a more accurate picture.  So here are mine:

No comments:

Post a Comment