Penny-pinching car geek's guide to racing, track days, and car build. DIY projects, product reviews, and interviews.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Better vs. Worse. - Happy Lunar New Year!

Its lunar new years. Being from Korea, and married to a Vietnamese woman, I celebrate lunar new years.  I'm at the in-laws right now.  I went to temple, ate good food, and had a relaxing time with the family.

A week before today, I had forgotten about lunar new years.  I was just worried about my brake pads arriving on time for the track day today.  When my wife reminded me of the family occasion, I was instantly depressed.  I'd been looking forward to the track day for the last month. I also wanted to see how close to my target time I could get.  I also heard today that Randy Pobst, the World Challenge driver, was at the event also. Double depression.

I needed to get my fix in. I did some research and decided to go Karting next week.  Turns out Ocala has a pretty well-used half mile track with 9hp rentals. Not bad! Good compromise between paying 200+ dollars for a piston port kart and going to GRRC.  Depression gone.

For those who have been waiting for the track day report, with results with my new mods and such, I apologize. But here are some videos for you to watch instead.  My driving and Grant's driving compared.  Grant isn't driving to his full potential, and the video isn't from my fastest session either.


No comments:

Post a Comment